Congratulations on your decision to ask Jesus Christ into your life. (If you have not yet taken this decision click here learn how to know God personnaly)
If this were a religion, you could expect someone to give you all sorts of Rules. Rituals. Requirements. And maybe a lot of stuff to buy!
But when you asked Jesus into your life, you did not join a religion.
Instead, you began a relationship. With God.
And that’s pretty amazing.
When a person asks Jesus into their life, it is exciting to know what God says is now true about your relationship with God:
• You are at peace with God — “Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1)
• You became a child of God — “to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God.” (John 1:12)
• You are no longer living in darkness — “for once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light” (Ephesians 5:8)
“He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13,14)
• You are forgiven — “To him all the prophets bear witness that every one who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” (Acts 10:43)
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace which he lavished upon us.” (Ephesians 1:7,8)
“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” (1 John 4:9,10)
• You have been given eternal life — “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” (John 5:24)
“And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life. I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.” (1 John 5:11-13)
• You are sealed with the Holy Spirit — “In him you also, who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, which is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.” (Ephesians 1:13)
• You can begin to know God’s love for you — “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.” (John 15:7-11)